Why does an outlet spark when I plug in a device or appliance?

When you plug in a light, hair dryer, or other gadget, you may occasionally

notice a little flash of electricity. There could be an issue, though,

if there is a spark every time you use the outlet. It's possible that the

outlet is shorting out. In addition to posing a fire risk, short circuits damage

wires and insulation. A person with experience in the electrical

trades may assist with issue diagnosis and solution recommendation.

Want More Stories Like This